Tutorial: Perspective in MS5/CSP
I had to learn to do perspective properly for my HP project ( @sylviamorris-illustrates-hp3 – shameless self promotion go check it out) and so I’ve been learning how to use the perspective rulers in Clip. I don’t like to watch tutorial videos, and I’ve found the manual less than helpful, so I thought I’d make a mini tutorial to help others get started. Be encouraged, it’s pretty intuitive, easy to use, and definitely worth it.
Also if you want you can watch me do the whole thing here, if that’s easier for you to learn from:
If you don’t wanna watch the whole thing:
- 0:00 Sketching, perspective, re-sketching.
- 3:00 Setting up my flats, and some awful colour choices. I had no idea what I was doing. This was not a planned piece.
- 4:15 Pencilling! I look competent again.
- 5:30 Pencilling the room! This bit was the most fun to do 🙂
- 8:05 I do some more colour sketching and eventually make some decisions.
- 10:38 Adding some little bits of shading and highlights.